“I am extremely happy that the UAE is hosting CFA Institute’s Annual Middle East Investment Conference in Dubai, which has established itself as a global financial centre.
CFA Emirates has been working hard since it was created in 2002 to foster a higher level of financial education, ethics, good corporate governance, and transparency in the local markets — all of which the region needs to nurture and encourage if it is to continue to develop and grow its financial sector.
The Arab Spring has changed the dynamics and the playground, and many uncertainties remain. However, there are a lot of opportunities and aspirations to make the Arab World a better and more economically advanced place.”
-Yacoub Nuseibeh, CFA, President, CFA Society Emirates
Welcome to the website for the Fourth Annual CFA Institute Middle East Investment Conference. This year’s conference, held 20–21 March in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is open to all investment professionals and is unlike any other conference in the region.
Speakers at the conference will include regional experts such as Jalil Tarif of the Arab Union for Securities Commission and Bassem Awadallah of Tomoh Advisory, as well as global authorities such as Arnab Das of Roubini Global Economics and Richard Duncan of Blackhorse Asset Management.
On this website, you can find conference-related details and information including:
- Information about conference sessions that will be broadcast live online
- Geopolitical analysis from conference speaker Peter Zeihan
- Conference speaker Avinash Persaud’s assessment of Euro zone risks
- Research on the economics of the Arab Spring from conference speaker Adeel Malik
- Conference speaker Richard Duncan’s thoughts on the corruption of capitalism
- An interview on Islamic finance with conference speaker Ibrahim Warde
- Dubai’s latest economic initiative
This site also contains a full conference agenda, as well as speaker profiles and fees and travel information. You can register to attend the event today, and meet with your colleagues in Dubai this march to discuss practical solutions to regional and global investment challenges.
Please note that the content of this site should not be construed as investment advice, nor do the opinions expressed necessarily reflect the views of CFA Institute.