Wednesday, 11 December 2019
Chair’s Opening Comments
Ramia Farrage, Presenter and News Bulletin Editor, Emirates News, Dubai One TV
Welcome Remarks from CFA Society Saudi Arabia
Ghanem Alghanem, CFA, President, CFA Society Saudi Arabia
H.E. Dr. Ahmed Alkholifey, Governor, Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority
Panel Discussion: Building Capital Markets for a Better Future
- An overview of new financial products in the Saudi markets
- The unique challenges and opportunities in the region
- How to improve governance and create better functioning capital markets?
Fahad Al-Saif, President, Debt Management Office, Advisor to HE Minister of Finance
Abdullatif Alseif, CEO, Alraidah Company
Moderator: Ghanem Alghanem, CFA, President, CFA Society Saudi Arabia
Automation, AI and the Future of Finance
- How AI and automation are breaking boundaries in the financial services sector
- Is your strategy well placed to exploit the opportunities AI is offering?
Speaker: Ayesha Khanna, Co-Founder and CEO of ADDO AI
Panel Discussion: Understanding the Complexities of the MENA Venture Capital Market
- The impact of the region’s young, tech-savvy population on the startup environment
- Mistakes to avoid when investing in startups
- The importance of funding minority entrepreneurs
H.E. Salama Al Ameemi, Director General, Authority of Social Contribution – Maan
H.E. Dr. Nabeel Koshak, CEO, Saudi Venture Capital
Dr. Hani Enaya, Partner, STV
Walid Hanna, Founder and CEO, Middle East Venture Partners (MEVP)
Moderator: Ibrahim Alfahl, VP Growth and Finance, White Space
Growing Sustainably in the Global Islamic Finance Market
- How to create better governance?
- The need for standardization in Islamic finance
Dr. Hamed Merah, CEO, Saudi Center of Commercial Arbitration (SCCA)
Panel Discussion: Challenges in Asset Management
- What are the biggest trends and changes asset management firms have to adapt to?
- Organic vs inorganic growth in the industry
- Training and working with the new generations of employees
- How can technology be used to better serve the business?
Tariq Alsudairy, CEO, Jadwa Investment
Karim Awad, Group CEO, EFG Hermes Holding
Steve Corrin, Senior Executive Officer, Emirates NBD Asset Management
Giorgio Medda, Group Co-CEO and Global Head of Asset Management, Azimut
Moderator: William Tohme, CFA, Senior Regional Head, MENA, CFA Institute
Interview: The Changing Leadership in Financial Services
- How are shifting cultural norms affecting the financial industry?
- The importance of role models
- What needs to be done differently to foster more diverse leadership?
Speaker: Rania Nashar, Chief Executive Officer, Samba Financial Group
Moderator: Ramia Farrage, Presenter and News Bulletin Editor, Emirates News, Dubai One TV
Interview: The Recent Reforms and Upcoming Developments in the Capital Market
Speaker: H.E. Mohammed A. El-Kuwaiz, Chairman, Capital Market Authority
Moderator: Gary Baker, CFA, Managing Director of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), CFA Institute
The Bugs in Human Decision-Making and How to Correct Them
- The logic and hidden algorithms of hunches and intuitions, and when and why they may be effective
- Why confidence is so distorted?
Speaker: Mariano Sigman, Neuroscientist, Author, Professor, Business School of Universidad di Tella
Gary Baker, CFA, Managing Director of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), CFA Institute