The agenda is subject to change.
Tuesday, 17 April 2018
Ahmed Abou El-Saad, CFA, MBA
President, CFA Society Egypt
Chairman, Rasmala Egypt Asset Management
Gary Baker, CFA
Managing Director, EMEA
Mohamed Farid Saleh
Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and the Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges (FEAS)
H.E. Dr. Sahar Nasr
Minister of Investment and International Cooperation
Arab Republic of Egypt
- How is the current geopolitical environment impacting investments in the Middle East?
- What is the role of regulation in driving economic growth in the region?
- Where are investors finding yield?
- Have the IMF reforms in Egypt delivered expected results?
Moderator: Gary Baker, CFA, Managing Director, EMEA, CFA Institute
H.E. Dr. Sahar Nasr, Minister of Investment and International Cooperation, Arab Republic of Egypt
- What needs to happen to deepen Egypt’s capital markets?
- How is the introduction of new debt instruments impacting regional capital markets?
- What needs to be done to promote more bond issuance?
- How to address the challenges facing the equity capital markets and IPOs in Egypt?
- How can the capital market benefit the vast majority of citizens and improve the GDP per capita?
Moderator: Ahmed Abou El-Saad, CFA, MBA, President, CFA Society Egypt, Chairman, Rasmala Egypt Asset Management
Mohamed Farid Saleh, Chairman, Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and The Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges (FEAS)
Farah Foustok, Chief Executive Officer, Lazard Gulf Ltd. Middle East
Ashraf El Ghazaly, Chief Executive Officer, NI Capital
- Is real estate the strongest sector in the economy or a huge bubble?
- What are the main drivers that could contribute to the growth in the regional real estate market over the coming decade?
- Can the mega projects and new cities, including the new administrative capital, lead the future growth?
- What can be done to ensure high standards of living for young people?
- In a high interest rate environment, how will mortgage finance change the real estate market and affect new entrants?
- What’s the state of non-banking private debt in Egypt and the rest of the region?
- Are the trends driving non-bank lending here to stay?
- How to ease access to financing for businesses, grow the industry and make impact?
- Do we need new regulations, products and outreach models?
- How could fintech reshape the industry? Is competition or collaboration better for the industry?
- Can making a social impact be part of a profitable strategy for the sector?
Moderator: Ashraf El Khatib, MBA, CFA, Board Member, CFA Society Egypt
Senior Vice President, Private Equity, NI Capital
Walid Hassouna, Chief Executive Officer, EFG Hermes Finance
- What are governments in the region doing to shift to more sustainable energy sources?
- The biggest challenges in achieving sustainability and ideas on how to overcome them. How are investors approaching the energy sector?
- Can renewables meet the growing energy demand?
- A closer analysis of various renewable energy sources and their applications for the Egyptian market. Where are opportunities for investors in Egypt’s energy sector?
- How to meet the need for an integrated national electricity grid in Egypt?
- Risks and benefits of nuclear power plants.