The agenda is subject to change.
Tuesday, 17 April 2018
- What needs to happen to deepen Egypt’s capital markets?
- How is the introduction of new debt instruments impacting regional capital markets?
- What needs to be done to promote more bond issuance?
- How should the challenges facing the equity capital markets and IPOs in Egypt be addressed?
- How can the capital market benefit the vast majority of citizens and improve the GDP per capita?
Moderator: Ahmed Abou El Saad, CFA, President, CFA Society Egypt and Chairman, Rasmala Egypt Asset Management
Ashraf Ghazaly, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, NI Capital
Fadi Al Said, CFA,Director, Portfolio Manager/Analyst, Lazard Gulf Ltd. (Dubai)
Mohamed Farid Saleh, Chairman, Egyptian Exchange (EGX) and The Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges (FEAS)
George Spentzos, CFA, Director, LNG Capital
- Is real estate the strongest sector in the economy or a huge bubble?
- What are the main drivers that could contribute to the growth in the regional real estate market over the coming decade?
- Can the mega projects and new cities, including the new administrative capital, lead the future growth?
- What can be done to ensure high standards of living for young people?
- In a high interest rate environment, how will mortgage finance change the real estate market and affect new entrants?
Moderator: Rosanna Lockwood, Broadcast Journalist and Presenter
Amer Abdulaziz Khansaheb, CFA, Managing Director, Khansaheb Investment
Racha Al Khawaja, Group Chief Distribution and Development Officer, Equitativa
Tarek Abdel Rahman, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Palm Hills Developments
Abdel Nasser Taha, CEO, CFLD Egypt and President, FIABCI, Egypt
Global Chief Retirement Strategist
State Street Global Advisors
- Demographics Misunderstood
- Global Demographics Overview
- Middle East Demographics
- Growth and Demographics
- Inflation, Debt and Fiscal Sustainability
- Asset Prices and Asset Allocation
- Which Sectors Are Advantaged?
- Conclusions for the Middle East
- What’s the state of non-banking private debt in Egypt and the rest of the region?
- Are the trends driving non-bank lending here to stay?
- How can we ease access to financing for businesses, grow the industry, and make an impact?
- Do we need new regulations, products and outreach models?
- How could fintech reshape the industry? Is competition or collaboration better for the industry?
- Can making a social impact be part of a profitable strategy for the sector?
Moderator: Ashraf El Khatib, CFA, Board Member, CFA Society Egypt, and Senior Vice President, Private Equity, NI Capital
Khaled Walid Al-Gazawi, Chief Executive Officer, Ebdaa Bank for Microfinance – Kingdom of Bahrain
Amr Abou Elazm, Chairman, Tamweely Microfinance Company
Walid Hassouna, Chief Executive Officer, EFG Hermes Finance
Sherif Samy, Chairman, National Asset Management and Investment SAE
- How are conventional and renewable energy companies reshaping the energy industry?
- What is the outlook for the oil and gas industry and for OPEC?
- What are governments in the region doing to shift to more sustainable energy sources?
- What are the biggest challenges in achieving sustainability, and what are some ideas for how to overcome them?
- How are investors approaching the energy sector? Can renewables meet the growing energy demand?
- A closer analysis of various renewable energy sources and their applications for the Egyptian market.
- Where are opportunities for investors in Egypt’s energy sector?
- How can we meet the need for an integrated national electricity grid in Egypt?
Moderator: Khaled AbuBakr, Chair and Co-founder, TAQA Arabia, and Chairman, Egyptian Gas Association
Basil El-Baz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Carbon Holdings
Dave McCurdy, President and CEO, American Gas Association (AGA)
Arshad H. Sufi, Chairman, METAS Energy
Ahmed Zahran, Co-Founder and CEO, KarmSolar